(CAMERON, Mo.)— A Crossroads Correctional Center inmate died Wednesday morning.
According to a release from the Department of Corrections, 76-year-old James Richardson died just before 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Richardson was serving a life sentence for one count of sodomy and four counts of rape stemming from Jackson County.
He has been serving time in the Missouri Department of Corrections since 1994.
An autopsy will be performed, according to the Department of Corrections.
- Inmate dies at Crossroads prison; autopsy to be performed
- Inmate-rights advocate questions DOC about Crossroads
- Lawmakers, Crossroads employees discuss staffing solutions
- Inmate Death Unrelated to Prison Riot
- Living Community Choir Performs Showtunes
- Grand Jury indicts more than 24 people relating to Crossroads Correctional Center Riots
- State lawmaker said Cameron prison won't let him inside to talk to inmates about conditions
- Dwight Yoakum to Perform at Missouri Theater
- Performers Announced for 2018 Trails West! Festival
- Pyro Tribe ignites enthusiasm for poi performance