(TROY, Ks.) A Doniphan County, Kansas deputy now faces charges following an investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
According to the Kansas Chief, Deputy Raymond Hall has been charged with mistreatment of a person in custody and battery.
The charge was filed by Nemaha County County Attorney Brad Lippert, who is serving as special prosecutor in the case.
Hall has been on paid leave since July 2017, one month after the investigation began.
In October, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation confirmed that it was "investigating allegations against an employee of the Doniphan County Sheriff's Office."
Hall joined the department in 2013.
- Investigation leads to charges for Doniphan County deputy
- Heavy rain leads to mudslide on K7 in Doniphan County
- Doniphan County law enforcement investigating drop box break-ins
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- Hail, winds damage farms in Doniphan County
- Man critically injured in Doniphan County fight
- Doniphan County fight victim pronounced dead
- Doniphan County passes countywide retailers' sales tax
- Coronavirus: First case confirmed in Doniphan County