(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The Missouri Job Center hosted a career fair at the Civic Center in downtown St. Joseph. Job seeker Dana Johnston came to the Civic Center on a mission.
"Today I've seen just about everybody in here, Johnson Controls, Lifeline..."
Johnston was just one of the many people who came out to the Missouri Job Center Fair in search of a new career.
"At this time, in this area, there are so many employers in need of a good worker to fill some open positions at their companies." Janice Spearman, Missouri Job Center, said
Spearman said employment opportunities are abundant.
"There are over 700 production and manufacturing positions open and available for someone to fill." Spearman said.
Johnston was looking for a production job, she shared that a key factor in her job search is the accessibility.
"It makes it actually accessible for people that are looking for a job, i love it because they're giving you all of the information, there are applications to fill out." Johnston said.
The city has hundreds of jobs open focusing on manufacturing, but the jobs center said filling those positions is challenges.
"There are employers that are calling us everyday asking can we supply them with a person with this skill, or we need someone on our production line." Spearman said.
Organizers said the high demand for jobs was why this career fair was so important.
"If your looking for manufacturing, we do have a big manufacturing base in St. Joseph." Janelle Phillips, Kelly Services, said.
The Missouri Job Center also said they have resources available to help employees not only keep their jobs, but move forward in their careers. Job seekers are asked to contact the local Missouri Jobs Center on 22nd street and Frederick Avenue in St. Joseph for more information.
- Job agency hosts career fair
- Hillyard Technical Center Hosts Career Fair
- Local agency connects jobs and seekers
- MWSU criminal justice department holds 38th annual career fair
- Youth Alliance host annual Children's Fair at Civic Arena
- "My Success" Gives H.S. Sophomores Career Guidance
- CAP offers new career counselling program
- Vatterott Career Colleges shut down schools nationwide
- Prosecutors crack down on career criminals
- KCP&L Donates Fans to Local Agencies