(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) It was time to hit the runway at the East Hills Mall Saturday, area high school students along with members of the Junior League took part in a fashion show.
Students modeled prom dresses promoting Cinderella's Closet, an initiative that helps area teens and their families prepare for prom season.
Organizers say the prom dress is an item that makes every teen girl feel special, but not every family can afford.
"Every girl should have a right to go to prom and to feel special," Terra James, Cinderella's Closet said. "We want to help in that way by giving out dresses to anybody that needs one and could not otherwise afford it."
James said the group is still accepting donations, they can be brought to Maurice's located in the mall.
- Junior League hosts fashion show
- Cinderella's Closet Puts on Fashion Show
- Junior Chiefs Training Camp
- Karl Lagerfeld, pioneering fashion designer, has died
- West Platte Athlete Competes In Junior Olympics
- Mustangs Look to Defend MINK League Title
- Mustangs win 2019 MINK League championship
- North Platte Breaks Ground on New Junior High School
- Police department to hold 2nd annual Junior Police Academy
- Junior Police Academy arms kids with a week of fun