(NODAWAY COUNTY, Mo.) A jury has convicted a Nodaway County, Missouri man of molesting three girls.
Jerry Lee VanPelt, of Hopkins, was found guilty on Thursday of three counts of child molestation in the first degree and two counts of child molestation in the fourth degree.
Two of the victims were under the age of 14. A third victim was younger than 17.
VanPelt could face up to 53 years in prison when he's sentenced.
He remains in the Nodaway County jail.
- Jury convicts Nodaway County man of molesting three girls
- Nodaway Co. man sentenced to 25 years for child molestation
- Man faces murder charge in Nodaway County
- Nodaway County man killed in lawn mowing accident
- Nodaway County man pleads guilty to murdering his father
- Man arrested for DWI following crash in rural Nodaway county
- Man life-flighted to Mosaic following crash in Nodaway County
- Conception Junction man arrested following drug sting in Nodaway County
- Man charged after drug paraphernalia found in Nodaway County home
- Platte County jury convicts woman who murdered ex-husband