(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph police responded to the area of 18th and Charles for a 'shots fired' call at approximately 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
According to Sergeant Keith Dudley of the St. Joseph Police Department, the shooting occurred in the area around a basketball court located at the intersection of 18th and Charles.
"When we got here, it was determined that we had one male victim with an apparent gunshot wound to the leg," Dudley said. "He was alert and conscious, but he was transported by ambulance to the hospital."
The victim, only identified as a juvenile, had non-life-threatening injuries.
There is currently no suspect information available.
- Juvenile Taken to Hospital After Shooting
- Police Catch Escaped Juvenile Offender
- Juvenile shot in St. Joseph Thursday night
- Overnight Shooting Sends One to the Hospital
- Overnight shooting sends one man to hospital
- Overnight shooting sends one to the hospital
- Chillicothe Police Asking for Information on Missing Juvenile
- Shooting in Midtown Sends One Man to Hospital
- Luke Perry hospitalized
- Two in Custody After Juvenile Victim Choked, Beaten in Rural Area