(BROWN COUNTY, Kan.) The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is investigating the death of a law enforcement officer in Brown County.
The KBI said a patrol officer from the Sac and Fox Police Department was found deceased in his patrol vehicle in the area of 330th Road in northern Brown County just before 6:00 a.m. Wednesday.
The officer is identified as 43-year-old Kirby Robidoux, of Falls City, Nebraska.
The KBI said foul play is not suspected but the investigation is ongoing. An autopsy will be conducted.
According to MSCNews.net, Brown County Sheriff John Merchant said dispatchers became concerned when the officer failed to respond to a radio check, and requested assistance from the Iowa Tribal Police Department. An officer with that agency discovered the body.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office requested the assistance of the KBI to help investigate the circumstances surrounding the officer's death.
Merchant, in a news release, said, "Our sympathies go out to the family of the officer, his department and the community he served."
Robidoux was a part-time officer with the Sac and Fox Police Department. He also served as a Richardson County deputy and was a member of the Falls City City Council.
- KBI investigating death of law enforcement officer in Brown County
- Doniphan County law enforcement investigating drop box break-ins
- KBI arrests three people connected to weekend fight in Doniphan County
- Livingston County Sheriff's Office investigating hunting death
- Local law enforcement celebrates National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- ASPCA, KBI seize nearly 50 animals in suspected dog fighting case
- Community gathers to honor fallen law enforcement officers
- Local Law Enforcement Officers Talk Use of Force Training
- Law enforcement sweep targets sex offenders
- Highland police investigating deaths