(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— The KCI Airfield and airport are still closed to aircraft due to unsafe conditions from area storm debris.
According to the Kansas City International Airport Twitter account, crews are working to clear one 2-mile, 150-feet wide runway, taxiways, and aprons.
The airport is still closed because small pieces of debris can damage airplanes.
The airport estimates a reopening of after 11 p.m. Tuesday night.
- KCI Airport remains closed due to unsafe conditions from area storm debris
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding
- KC Voters Approve New Single-Terminal KCI
- Mid-Buchanan Sweeps KCI Tournament Championships
- KCI Enforces New Security Measures for Electronics
- Groundbreaking set for new KCI terminal
- Missouri Western closing at noon Monday due to icy conditions
- Mid-Buchanan Sweeps Lathrop in Home-Opening, KCI Win
- St. Joseph Kmart closing early Sunday due to snow storm
- Missouri Western closing campus Friday afternoon due to winter storm