ST. JOSEPH, Mo.- With the weather heating back, KCP&L decided to step in and donate fans to help keep community members cool.
The power company distributed fans in St. Joseph Tuesday to different agencies around town.
With the weather heating back, KCP&L decided to step in and donate fans to help keep community members cool.
"We really do care about our communities that we serve and this is one way of giving back to our communities," Dan Hegeman said. "We've done this for the past number of years."
The free fans will be distrubuted to the public based on individual needs.
"With the weather in St. Joseph the way it is right now, in the summer months, our seniors, our people are desperate for fans," Grace House founder Ruth Costello said. "We buy some but KCP&L is gracious enough to bring a bunch of them to us."
THE AFL-CIO Action Agency and Interserv Wesley Center also received a donation of fans.
- KCP&L Donates Fans to Local Agencies
- Business donates fans to families
- KCP&L customers shocked by hike in summer bills
- Local agency connects jobs and seekers
- KCP&L offers customers four-month payment plan following complaints over high bills
- Local Agencies Hold Construction Zone Safety Awareness Week
- Local healthcare agency offers peer-to-peer support group
- Job agency hosts career fair
- Local Man Donates $75,000 to Historic Charities
- Food Bank Full from Local Donations