(St. Joseph,MO) KCP&L customers will be getting an upgrade for their electric meters. Friday representatives from KCP&L met with local law enforcement to discuss the electric company’s plan to being installing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) throughout Buchanan County.
KCP&L Spokesperson Jeremy McNeive said the meeting was preliminary to give St. Joseph Police and the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department advanced warning that they would be on people’s property switching out electric meters.
“The rollout has begun. We sent out customer communications via the mail. We sent out postcards.We sent out emails to residents to tell them that it was happening,”McNeive said. “The roll out is going to be happening over the next three months.”
McNeive said all customers will receive a free upgrade to a smart meter system that will give more detailed reports on energy use and allow the company to respond to power outages more efficiently.
KCP&L plans to install over 180,000 smart meters throughout their service area by 2023. For more information on when you can expect you meter to be replaced contact KP&L customer service at 816-471-5275.
- KCP&L plans for meter upgrades
- KCP&L Donates Fans to Local Agencies
- KCP&L customers fuming over proposed rate increase
- KCP&L offers customers four-month payment plan following complaints over high bills
- KCP&L customers shocked by hike in summer bills
- KCP&L customers could see electric bills go up
- KCP&L customers to see bills decrease starting Feb. 1
- City council considers $6 million plan for energy upgrades
- Area GOP Officials Challenging Van Meter Campaign
- Van Meter Withdraws from State Senate Race