(ELWOOD, Kan.) The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) has closed the ramps from Highway 36 into Elwood.
The closure will prevent people from returning to the town.
As of Thursday evening, Highway 36 is still open from St. Joseph into Kansas.
Mandatory evacuations are in place for the City of Elwood.
- KDOT to close ramps from Highway 36 overnight to Elwood
- KDOT closes eastbound-westbound state, federal highways in Atchison County
- MoDOT to close ramps at Highway 36 and Belt Highway for resurfacing
- MoDOT to close 8th St. ramp to Highway 36 Monday for sign removal
- Elwood senior center to close
- Car accident shuts down eastbound lanes of Highway 36 in Elwood
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- Flooding closes Highway 36 on both sides of Chillicothe
- Elwood keeps close watch on rising river
- Elwood residents return home