We are still dealing with cloudy skies & misty conditions across northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri this Thursday morning. We have another disturbance pushing through this morning giving us some very light snow and some freezing drizzle. Roads could be slick and slippery so there will be a few concerns for the Thursday morning commute, so give yourself plenty of extra travel time & slow down. Temperatures will remain in the lower to middle 30s throughout the day with cloudy skies.
Our attention now turns to another system that could bring more wintry weather to the area on Friday into Saturday. Right now snowfall amounts of mostly 2-4 inches. Some areas east of I-35, could get 4-6 inches. Windy conditions are likely with gusts up to 30-35 mph at times, which could cause some blowing and drifting snow. We are still 48 hours out so anything can change, but we will be keeping a close eye on it.
Behind that system, very cold air will move in by Sunday with highs in the teens to single digit to below zero temperature wind chills. It's possibly the coldest air of the season so far. We'll rebound back up to the 30s with sunshine on Monday before another disturbance pushes through on Tuesday, giving us additional chances of snow and we drop back down to the 20s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisories in effect
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory posted
- KQ2 Forecast: More winter weather on the way
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Tuesday & Wednesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory in effect until Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Monday
- KQ2 Forecast: A bit of some winter weather on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Great winter weather heading into Christmas weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Wednesday night