Highs on Thursday will be in the middle to upper 80s with partly sunny skies for most of the day with showers and thunderstorms moving in during the evening into the overnight hours. Some storms could be strong to severe with large hail and damaging winds as the main threats, but we can't rule out an isolated tornado. There's a slight risk for severe weather for all of northwest Missouri & northeast Kansas from the Storm Prediction Center. Stay weather aware today!
We're also expecting a line of showers and storms to move in early Friday morning, some of those storms could also be strong to severe. All the activity should be out of the area by the afternoon. High temperatures could reach near 90 degrees. Saturday should top out in the upper 80s with more chances for showers and thunderstorms. We are right now under a slight risk for severe weather, Friday and Saturday as well. We'll be keeping you updated on the forecast. We also need to watch the potential for heavy rain & flooding with 2-3" of rain expected between now and Sunday.
For Sunday, thunderstorms remain in the forecast with temperatures slightly cooler in the middle 80s. Into next week, the weather quiets down with partly sunny skies Monday through Wednesday with temperatures in the middle to upper 80s.
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Slight risk of severe weather for your Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Slight risk for some severe weather on Tuesday
- Slight Shower Chances Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Slight chance of rain for Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Slight warm-up continues
- KQ2 Forecast: Some storm chances with severe risk for Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Tuesday's severe threat upgraded to moderate risk
- KQ2 Forecast: Dense fog then slight chances of showers & storms for Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Warmer on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: 90s on Thursday