**A Flash Flood Warning is now in effect until 3:30 pm for Doniphan, Buchanan, Holt and Andrew Counties as heavy rain has been falling in these areas over the last several hours.
**A Heat Advisory is set to kick in on Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. for Doniphan, Atchison (Kan.), Holt, Buchanan, Platte, and Clinton counties. Heat index values will be near 105 degrees Tuesday afternoon.
After a very warm Monday across the KQ2 Viewing Area, Expect more of the same heading into your Tuesday with temperatures likely getting into the lower 90s. With high humidity levels and oppressive dew points in the 90s, it will feel like over 100 degrees with the heat index that so make sure you are staying cool and hydrated. We'll have a mix of sun and clouds for most of day.
We also have a round of showers and thunderstorms pushing through this morning thanks to a storm system moving through from our north. We'll have another round of showers & thunderstorms move in late Tuesday night into Wednesday as a strong cold front pushes through. Some of these storms could be strong to possibly severe with some hail, gusty winds and heavy rain.
Wednesday through about Friday has more chances for rain and thunderstorms as a series of other disturbances works their way through the area. Temperatures Wednesday will be back down into the lower to middle 80s with highs in the upper 70s for Thursday. We'll have dry and quiet conditions throughout the weekend before rain & storm chances pick up again by Monday. Temperatures will be back up to near average in the middle 80s.
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: A Heat Advisory & storm chances return for Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Storm chances return on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances return on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Storm chances return for our Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: A Heat Advisory is in effect on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow returns Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: One dry day before snow chances return Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain & storm chances return this week
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain & storm chances returns for Friday & the weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances return on Thursday