The late summer warmer temperatures and humid conditions will continue through midweek. Highs both Tuesday and Wednesday will be in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees. As for rain chances, there are some scattered on/off chances for Tuesday as a disturbance pushes through the northern Plains. We'll see lots of sunshine for Wednesday.
It won't be until Thursday before the summer heat breaks when a strong cold front moves through northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas. The best chances for rain and thunderstorms will be on Thursday as well. Some storms could be on the strong side. Something we'll continue to look at over the next several days.
Friday and the weekend is looking nice with sunny skies and very pleasant, less humid conditions. Highs will be back to near average, if not a few degrees below average in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Summer weather pattern continues for Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Stormy weather pattern continues
- An active weather pattern continues
- KQ2 Forecast: Dry weather continues on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Beautiful weather continues
- KQ2 Forecast: Unsettled weather pattern for long holiday weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: A quiet weather pattern for the area
- KQ2 Forecast: An active weather pattern this week
- Summer-Like Weather Continues
- KQ2 Forecast: Hot and dry weather continues Tuesday