Temperatures across northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri warmed into the upper 80s on Friday. A few more clouds and the humidity is starting to rise across the area as high pressure out to our east is allowing some tropical moist air from the Gulf to move in with the southerly winds.
It will be a bit humid & warm for the last official weekend of summer. It will be mostly sunny heading into our Friday and into the weekend. Temperatures will be in the upper 80s but feel like the lower 90s. Stay cool if you have any outdoor plans. We do have a cold front pushing through early next week that will help cool down temperatures and bring in a bit of rain chances into northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas.
Even though we'll be in a nice weather pattern here in NW Missouri & NE Kansas, the top weather story across the nation will be Category 1 Hurricane Florence as it is making landfall on U.S. East Coast Friday morning with heavy rain, storm surge and inland flooding.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: A sunny weekend forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunny but cold Tuesday forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Cooler temperatures but sunny skies for the weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunny but cooler Friday & weekend ahead
- KQ2 Forecast: A cold but sunny Friday & weekend ahead
- KQ2 Forecast: A sunny & mild January weekend ahead
- KQ2 Forecast: A sunny and quiet weekend ahead
- KQ2 Forecast: A sunny & very nice Friday & weekend ahead
- KQ2 Forecast: A good looking weekend forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: A cooler weekend forecast