***An Excessive Heat Warning will go into effect Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening as heat indices could make it feel like 105-110 degrees outside.
A prolonged heat wave is expected to begin Wednesday as temperatures climb to the highest we have seen so far this year. Upper 90s are a good bet with head indices make it feels like in the 100s from Wednesday through the weekend. We'll get little relief during the overnight hours as lows will only go down to the upper 70s to near 80 degrees.
It is possible the actual air temperature reaches 100 degrees on Friday into Saturday. Now is a good time to prepare for the prolonged heat and remember to be staying hydrated and limiting time spent outdoors.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Heat returns on Wednesday
- KQ2 Forecast: The heat returns on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Summer-heat returns this week
- KQ2 Forecast: The heat continues on Wednesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances returning Wednesday afternoon
- KQ2 Forecast: Heat continues today
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow returns Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunshine returns Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: A Heat Advisory & storm chances return for Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Excessive Heat Warning goes into effect on Wednesday