**A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for the entire area from 7 p.m. Saturday until 7 p.m. Sunday. Weekend rainfall totals could approach 2-4 inches.
Active weather is back in the forecast as we head into the weekend with the chance for heavy rainfall and strong to severe thunderstorms on Saturday.
As for Friday, there could be a few isolated thunderstorms moving through during the afternoon but most of the day will be dry. Expect a few more clouds in the sky today as well with slightly cooler temperatures. Highs are going to be in the mid to upper 80s.
Moving into the weekend, we will be keeping an eye on the potential for flooding rain and strong thunderstorms. On Saturday, the rain might hold off until the afternoon but will be widespread late Saturday and into Sunday. This is when the heaviest rain should fall. Expect rainfall totals to be anywhere from 2-4 inches. This could bring area streams and rivers to flood stage so make sure you are watching out for that.
Also on Saturday there is a threat for strong to severe thunderstorms. The Storm Prediction Center has the area in a slight risk for severe weather. All modes of severe weather are possible with damaging winds and heavy rain being the main threats but we cannot rule out hail and possibly a tornado. This is something we will be keeping a very close eye on as we go through the next 24 hours or so.
By Sunday afternoon, most of the rain should be exiting the area. Highs on Sunday are going to be in the 70s. For next week, Monday looks nice but more rain is expected for much of the week with temperatures in the 80s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain and threat for strong storms this weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain and strong storms possible today
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain threat continues
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain threat overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain threat this week
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain and storm threat beginning late Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain possible this weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain threat & possible severe weather this week
- KQ2 Forecast: Thunderstorms with heavy rain overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Heavy rain & storms likely for Tuesday