**Winter Weather Advisory in effect for the entire KQ2 Viewing Area until 6 a.m. Sunday.
Snow is expected to continue overnight being most widespread before midnight. This system could bring a little bit of a wintry mix, mainly along Highway 36 and south. That is where snow may mix in with some sleet or freezing rain. Ice accumulations are possible towards Platte County and the KC metro.
As for snowfall accumulations a general 1-3 inches is expected from Highway 36 northward. South towards Kansas City, accumulations will likely be around one inch. North towards the Iowa border, a few places could get up to 4 inches of snow. Either way, more snow is on the way so expect snow covered roads once again and difficult travel conditions.
The active weather continues into next week with another chance of accumulating snow on Tuesday. For the rest of the week, temperatures stay below average with highs in the 20s and 30s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow continues overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow showers possible overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow overnight, dangerous cold returns
- KQ2 Forecast: Freezing temperatures overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Drying out overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Transitioning to snow overnight, drying out Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Dry Saturday, snow moves in overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Severe threat ends, rain to continue overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow returns Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Heat continues today