**Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for all of northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas from until 6 p.m. Saturday. Rain will transition to snow late on Friday and last through Saturday afternoon. Snowfall accumulations of 3-6 inches expected.
**Winter Storm Warning for Livingston County until midnight Sunday. Accumulations will be a little heavier at 5-7 inches.
**Winter Storm Warning for Platte County until 6 p.m. Saturday with accumulations of 4-6 inches.
Rain will continue to transition to all snow through the afternoon. Snow will stick around overnight and last into Saturday afternoon. As for accumulations, 2-6 inches appear likely by Saturday afternoon, with the most towards I-35 and our far eastern counties. Slightly more towards Chillicothe where they could see 5-7 inches.
If you are travelling to Kansas City for the football game, allow some extra time and bring the winter gear. Snow will be letting up during the game.
After that system departs, dry weather returns. Will see a mostly cloudy day on Sunday with highs in the 30s. To begin next week, warmer air returns with dry conditions. Highs will be back in the lower to middle 40s Monday and Tuesday, before going back down into the 30s midweek.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow storm moves through
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow moves in on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Storm moves out, cold temps move in
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow continues overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow returns Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain moves away
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow chances move in for Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Dry Saturday, snow moves in overnight
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow moving out, sun & clouds for Wednesday afternoon
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow moves out, dangerously cold air in place