**Flash Flood Watch for Holt, Atchison (Mo.), Nodaway, Andrew, DeKalb, Worth, Gentry, Daviess, and Harrison counties until 7 a.m. Wednesday.
There continues to be a chance for a few storms overnight and some could be on the strong-side and produce gusty winds and large hail. The best chance for storms will be north of Hwy. 36. Lows will be in the upper 60s.
Attention then shifts to Tuesday where the Storm Prediction Center already has the entire KQ2 Viewing Area under an enhanced risk for severe weather. Right now, the best timing for severe weather will be during the afternoon and evening hours. Large hail up to golf ball size, damaging winds up to 70 mph and a few tornadoes are looking to be the main threats. We will be keeping a very close eye on the forecast for Tuesday so stay tuned for more updates.
Finally, after days of rainfall, a break in the rain for Wednesday through early Friday before more rain chances once again return late Friday into the weekend. Temperatures will be in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Widespread severe storms possible Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Some storm chances with severe risk for Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Storm chances return on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Cooler Tuesday forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow returns Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Slight risk for some severe weather on Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Tuesday's severe threat upgraded to moderate risk
- KQ2 Forecast: Widespread rain chances for the weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: More widespread rain is on the way
- KQ2 Forecast: Widespread rain and windy conditions for Wednesday