**Freeze Watch in effect for the entire area from Friday evening until Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
The coolest air of the season is on the way later this evening as a very strong cold front pushes through the region. This will bring chances for rain throughout the day on Thursday and some gusty winds.
On this Thursday, temperatures are mild to start the day in the 50s and 60s. These numbers will likely climb into the upper 60s and lower 70s before the cold front moves through. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected throughout the day as well as the cold front nears the area.
By late this afternoon and early evening, the cold front is expected to move through the area. This will bring more rain and storm chances and some gusty winds. Temperatures are expected to crash behind this front from the 60s and 70s to the 30s and 40s. By Friday morning, temperatures will be in the 30s and with gusty northwest winds, wind chill values will be in the 20s so make sure the winter gear is out and ready to go.
For Friday, a cool and windy day is expected. The day will start with mostly cloudy skies and maybe a stray shower and then turn mostly sunny during the afternoon. Highs are only going to be in the upper 40s. Friday night into Saturday morning will likely see temperatures near freezing so the first frost/freeze event of the season is likely. Steps should be taken to make sure any plants still outside are taken care of.
This weekend through next Tuesday is looking to be a nice one with a lot of sunshine. Temperatures will be below average in the upper 50s to middle 60s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong cold front brings coolest air of the season late Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Coolest air of the season on the way
- KQ2 Forecast: Cold front brings rain chances late Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Cold front brings clouds, cooler temperatures Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Cold front brings storms and cooler temperatures Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Coolest air of the season moves in as we end the work week
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong thunderstorms possible late Tuesday
- KQ2 Forecast: The cold air returns on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong storms possible on Thursday
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong system bringing rain, snow, and strong winds