After a few morning clouds, the sunshine returned on Saturday but that did not warm temperatures too much. Overnight, southwesterly winds will keep temperatures from falling too low. By Sunday morning, temperatures will be in the lower 20s.
On Sunday, expect another mostly sunny day. Temperatures will be warmer, in the low to mid 40s. Attention then turns to Monday as we are tracking a storm system that will likely move through parts of the area. Right now, the bulk to the system will miss us to the east but there is the chance for rain and a wintry mix on Monday. Computer model guidance is not in very good agreement so stay tuned with KQ2 for more updates.
After that system departs Monday night, we ring in the new year with some very cold temperatures. The first day of 2019 features partly cloudy skies and highs in the lower 20s. Quiet weather is expected to stick around through the end of the week with temperatures rising into the upper 40s by the weekend.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunshine for Sunday, wintry mix possible Monday
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunshine today, wintry mix possible tomorrow
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunshine returns Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry weather possible Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry precipitation possible Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: A wintry mix is back in the forecast
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry weather returns Monday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry mix ends; sunshine to wrap up the weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: A wintry mix possible on Wednesday night
- KQ2 Forecast: Temperatures cooling down, wintry mix possible late week