**Winter Storm Warning in effect for Atchison (KS), Doniphan, Atchison (MO), Nodaway, Holt, Andrew, and Buchanan counties until 12 p.m. Saturday. Total snowfall accumulations of 5-8 inches expected.
**Winter Storm Warning in effect for Worth, Gentry, Harrison, Mercer, DeKalb, Daviess, Grundy, Caldwell, Livingston counties from 3 p.m. Friday until 3 p.m. Saturday. Total snowfall accumulations of 4-6 inches expected.
As colder air moves in this evening, all precipitation will begin to changeover to snow. The snow could be heavy at times overnight and move out by Saturday morning. Roads will become slick and snow covered so take it slow if you have any travel plans. Accumulations of 4-8 inches expected across the region.
Behind that system, very cold air will move in by Saturday and Sunday with highs in the teens to lower 20s. We'll have single digit to below zero temperature wind chills Saturday night into Sunday. We'll rebound back up to the 30s with sunshine on Monday before another disturbance pushes through on Tuesday, giving us additional chances of snow and we drop back down to the 20s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Storm Warning in effect until Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Storm Warning & Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Tuesday's snow
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisories in effect
- KQ2 Forecast: Warm today, Winter Storm Warning for tomorrow
- KQ2 Forecast: Excessive Heat Warning until Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Ice Storm Warnings in effect for parts of the KQ2 Viewing Area
- KQ2 Forecast: Strong storms possible Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Isolated storm chances Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Wednesday night
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory is in effect