**Freeze Watch for Atchison (MO), Nodaway, Worth, Gentry, Harrison, Holt, Andrew, Richardson (NE), Doniphan (KS), and Atchison (KS) counties through Monday at 10 a.m. Monday morning low temperatures will be in the upper 20s and lower 30s. A hard freze will harm sensitive vegetation if steps are not taken.
For Sunday, the season will look a lot more like Winter with very cool temperatures. Rain is expected to start the day but as a cold front moves through, temperatures will be falling from the 40s during the morning to the 30s by afternoon. Some rain may mix in with snow. Not expecting any accumulations, outside of maybe a little on the grassy surfaces but the first flakes of the season are certainly possible!
Beyond the weekend, frost and freeze concerns are there especially for Monday and Tuesday mornings. Temperatures will likely fall below freezing Monday night. Much of next week will be very nice though with moderating temperatures and partly to mostly sunny skies. By week's end, highs will be back into the 60s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry weather possible Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry precipitation possible Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry weather possible Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Wintry weather returns Monday
- Wintry Weather Stays Through Sunday
- KQ2 Forecast: Sunshine for Sunday, wintry mix possible Monday
- KQ2 Forecast: One more nice day before wintry weather returns
- KQ2 Forecast: Chilly temperatures and wintry weather making a return
- KQ2 Forecast: Winter Weather Advisory posted, wintry mix likely
- KQ2 Forecast: A wintry mix is back in the forecast