(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) After nearly seven months, Karnes Road and Northwest Parkway reopened in St. Joseph.
Construction had the roads shutdown since January. Work was being done to realign Karnes Road and Northwest Parkway so that they did not intersect at St. Joseph Avenue.
The project was funded through the half-cent sales tax by the Capital Improvement Program.
According to the city of St. Joseph, additional sidewalk work and tree planting still needs to be done. This work is expected to be completed next year.
- Karnes Road and Northwest Parkway reopens
- Officials moving closer to reopening Interstate 29 in northwest Missouri
- Parkway painted pink on Saturday
- Skater statue stolen from Parkway
- Wintry mix leads to hazardous roads across northwest Missouri
- LATEST: Flooding leads to additional road closings in northwest Missouri
- MoDOT: Flooding closes more than 85 roads in northwest Missouri
- Sewer update could eliminate odor on Parkway
- Chamber announces Parties on the Parkway schedule
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western