(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Kids got the chance to test some of their robotic skills on Saturday at the East Hills Mall.
The kids are part of Missouri 4-H and are learning computer coding skills with robots made from lego pieces.
Facilitators with Missouri 4-H said kids in the program learn valuable personal development skills as well as a working knowledge of how to solve real-world problems, while kids said they enjoy every minute.
"It's really fun you get to meet a lot of new people and just have fun," Jim Brewer, 4-H student said. "I like legos and I like coding so I thought it would be a really good opportunity for me."
Local kids in the Missouri 4-H program will also be tackling other topics in our area such as the homeless and flooding.
4-H is a part of the University of Missouri Extension and is supported by county, state and federal governments.
- Kids show off robotics skills at East Hills Mall
- Magicians come to East Hills Mall
- Magical Mayhem at East Hills Mall
- East Hills Mall and Library Loses Water After Line Break
- Evening Optimist Club holds annual fundraiser at East Hills Mall
- Girl Scouts hold recruiting event at East Hills Mall
- East Hills Mall Lights Up for the Holiday Season
- St. Joseph police investigate shooting at East Hills Mall
- Two people arrested following incident at East Hills Mall
- Drive Thru Drug Take Back event held at East Hills Mall