(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is closing two additional Missouri River crossings north of St. Joseph.
The two locations are U.S. Route 159 in Holt County and U.S. Route 136 in Atchison County.
According to a release from MoDOT, Route 159 is flooded west of Route 111 near Big Lake and the road could be closed further east overnight.
Route 136 is closed west of Rock Port due to the threat of rapidly rising water if levees over top or are breached.
Earlier in the day on Friday, I-29 was closed between exit 110 at Rock Port to exit 11 at Hamburg, Iowa and remains closed until further notice.
MoDOT is urging everyone to closely monitor conditions in their area and heed all evacuation notices. They also remind people to never drive around barricades and that it only takes a few inches of water to force a vehicle off the roadway.
For updated information, click here.
- LATEST: Two more Missouri River crossings close due to flooding
- Red Cross taking in residents impacted by Missouri River flooding
- LATEST: Flooding leads to additional road closings in northwest Missouri
- Governor visits northwest Missouri ahead of Missouri River flooding
- Flooding Fallout: Roads damaged after terrible Missouri River flooding
- Riverwalk Trail closed due to flooding
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding
- City declares state of emergency due to Missouri River flooding concerns
- Holt County residents speak out about Missouri River flooding
- Missouri River rising, nearing major flood stage in St. Joseph