Pershing Elementary students got to see quite the performance Tuesday morning.
Drama students from Lafayette High School brought storybook tales to life in a fun-filled show that included a lot of audience participation.
The drama students say they love getting the chance to perform and interact with kids, but they also hope their performance encouraged younger kids to get invoved in theatre.
"We want to open up the theatre department to younger kids and let them know that there are other options to do in high school other than sports. And you can actually have fun and do other stuff," said one student who played the "Evil Queen."
The Lafayette theatre troupe described themselves as "one big family," and hope they can inspire more people to try theatre.
The theatre troupe put on two shows at Pershing on Tuesday.
- Lafayette Drama Students Bring Storybooks to Life at Pershing Elementary
- Elementary Students Quiz Mayoral Candidates
- Elementary Students Practice Engineering Skills
- Pioneer camp brings historic trail to life
- Elementary Students Receive Anti-Bullying Lesson
- Elementary Students Greet New Sheriff's Department K-9s
- Edison Elementary students get new mentors
- Nurses Save Woman's Life During Elementary School Christmas Program
- Edison Elementary Student Art Pieces on Display in Midtown
- Elementary Students Receive Visit from the 'Tooth Wizard'