(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Summer vacation will start a little later for students in St. Joseph thanks to several winter snow storms.
The St. Joseph School District Board of Education voted at its Monday night meeting to extend the academic school year because of snow days.
The district has had seven snow days.
The last day of school was set for May 17. St. Joseph public schools will now get out on Tuesday, May 21 but that could change depending on what mother nature has in store for the rest of the academic year.
- Last day of school pushed back because of snow days
- A Springlike Day for Thursday Before Snow Moves Back In
- School districts continue to deal with snow days, figuring out final day of school year
- First day of school means Edison's Walking School Bus is back
- KQ2 Forecast: One dry day before snow chances return Tuesday
- Missouri bill will make it easier for schools to make up snow days
- Avoid Back Pain While Shoveling Snow
- Annual Pancake Days returns for second day
- City's Drug Take Back Day Aims to Help Opioid Epidemic
- St. Joseph participates in National Drug Take-Back Day