(CRAIG, Mo.) A levee on the northwest part of Craig has breached and residents are being urged to evacuate immediately.
According to a post on the town's Twitter account and confirmed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the levee breach is allowing water to flow into the town.
Holt County Sheriff's Department has announced that sandbagging efforts have stopped in Craig.
A mandatory evacuation for Craig was put in place on Tuesday.
- Levee breached in Craig, town evacuating
- Levee breached near Winthrop, voluntary evacuations for Winthrop
- Craig prepares for possible town flooding
- Craig community returns to flooded town
- Holt County Sheriff's Department: Mandatory evacuation for Craig
- Craig community fights to protect town from Missouri River flood
- Levees over topped near Rushville and Winthrop
- Craig students return to classroom
- Engineers Wrap Up First Phase of Levee Repairs
- Levee fails in Nemaha County, Nebraska along Missouri River