(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) For anyone still looking for that perfect holiday gift, the St. Joseph Lions Club may have the answer.
On Friday, the club kicked-off their annual fruit fundraiser event. This is the second big fundraiser the group does yearly.
The club is selling everything from red, green and yellow apples, to fresh grape fruit and oranges. Produce can be bought individually or as a basket.
"We have fruit baskets that are already made up, it's a combination of fruit," Jerry Vanvickle, Lions CLub president, said. "They make excellent Christmas presents."
The club will be out at the St. Joseph Library East Hill's Branch parking lot until December 23rd, from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
All of the proceeds go towards helping the Lions Club with their optical research, and eye care services they provide for those in need.
- Lions Club Annual Fruit Fundraiser Kicks-off
- Annual fruit sale underway for St. Joseph Lions Club
- Lions Club hosting 66th annual Pancake Days this weekend
- Evening Optimist Club holds annual fundraiser at East Hills Mall
- Annual Community Center Fundraiser held in Agency
- 8th annual "Jeep'n and Jamm'n for Brett" fundraiser held downtown
- Kiwanis Club Kicks Off KATCH Program at Lindbergh Elementary
- Weigh-ins kick off the 14th annual Pound Plunge
- First Vice President of Lions Club International speaks to state convention
- Lions Club members to deploy new disaster relief trailer to assist flood victims