(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Bridging the gap between business and the St. Joseph School District is just one of Seth Wright's campaign platforms.
"I believe a relationship between the St. Joseph School District and the business community, as well as the community at large, is of the upmost importance," Wright said. "I think right now that's broken, and that has to be repaired."
Officially kicking off his campaign for an open board of education seat Wright says he wants to use the district's past to build a better future.
"There was a time not long ago where the school district was supported by the community and the business community, and it wasn't that long ago," Wright said. "We've gotta get it back to that place."
Wright grew-up in Savannah but has lived in town for over 15 years. Being a father of two and married to a former St. Joseph school teacher, he says he hopes his roots within the district will help him as a candidate.
"I'm a parent," Wright said "I'm one of the only board members running that has children, and I think that's important."
Wright is currently serving as the vice chairman on the St. Joseph School District foundation.
"He is absolutely committed to education and this community," Chairman of the St. Joseph School District foundation Benjamin Byrd said. "He brings a skill set that is unique and that i think is very much needed on the school board."
Wright says he understands there's a trust issue between the district and the community but says he's ready to take on the challenges.
"I think we need a fresh start, and i think everybody agrees with that," Wright said. "So, what we need to do is completely rebrand the district: out with the old and in with the new."
- Local Attorney Announces Candidacy for St. Joseph School Board
- Local Attorney Announces Candidacy for School Board
- Falkner Announces Candidacy for State House
- St. Joseph School District Announces New Superintendent
- St. Joseph Catholic Schools Announce New Partnership
- Seven Candidates Running for St. Joseph School Board
- St. Joseph School District: Levy discussed at board work session
- Finalists Announced for Next St. Joseph Superintendent
- St. Joseph native wins local spelling bee
- St. Joseph Mustangs honor local military veterans