(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) After hearing that local charities are facing low donations this holiday season, Jodie Downs decided to step up and help out.
Downs is the owner of Knuckle Draggerz Car Club. On Saturday, the club held a Cruise 4 Christmas Toy Drive in the North Belt Burger King parking lot. The event was held from noon until 3 p.m.
The group, along with the local Covette Club, displayed over a dozen cars for people to see, while also asking for unwrapped toy donations.
"I got a great group of people in this club, and in this community. We just like to come out and help while we can," Downs said.
The club donated over 50 toys that were given to the Salvation Army's Angel Tree Toy Drive. Every toy will be given to a child in need this Christmas.
Unwrapped toys can still be dropp-off at the KQ2 Station.
- Local Club Collects Toys for Charity
- Local Man Donates $75,000 to Historic Charities
- City Collects Hazardous Waste
- The Spirit of Giving: 9-year-old Collecting Toy Donations for Kids in Need
- United Way collects school supplies at local car dealer
- Local Experts React to 2017 Most Dangerous Toy List
- Operation Christmas Child Collection Begins
- ATV riders hit the trail for charity
- Rotarians Collect Shoes for Orphan Souls
- Buchanan County to collect hazardous waste