(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) A recent helium shortage is affecting balloon sales across the globe.
Balloon retailers have either had to resort to raising prices for the party staples or just flat out running out of their inventory.
Employees at the local Hy-Vee, however, say they've been able to survive the shortage.
"The people that we have a contract with talk to us every week about the helium shortage," Kristin Emmendorfer Hy-Vee decorations manager said. "They assure us that we're always able to get our helium."
Other area ballon stores were not able to comment about their helium supply at this time.
- Local business survives global helium shortage
- Local Business Battles Paper Shortage
- Christmas tree shortage not impacting local retailer
- Hamilton Battles Water Shortage
- National Tree Shortage Not an Issue for Local Tree Farms
- Business Succession Program Prevents Local Businesses From Closing
- Freezing Temps Keep Local Tow Service Busy
- Local businesses selected for startup funding
- Local business reacts to Kareem Hunt incidents
- Local business vies for medical marijuana license