Photo Gallery 3 Images
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- Caleb Roach is just 12-years-old and he's already finding himself playing basketball in national competitions.
Roach is a member of the Nebraska Red Dawgs, a team in the youth division of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
He was paralyzed in 2011 from an automobile accident, but that hasn't stopped Roach from playing basketball.
The Nebraska Red Dawgs placed 11th in the nation in the 2017 National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament, but all the traveling is adding up.
Roach's family is hosting a garage sale Aug. 10 and 11 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. both days.
The benefit garage sale will help offset the cost of traveling to play wheelchair basketball.
Roach will be at the garage sale Friday working the sale and running the snack and drink table.
The benefit sale is at 5406 Long View Drive, St. Joseph, Mo. 64503.
- Local family raising funds for son to chase basketball dreams
- Heroes for Heroes Raises Funds for Local Veterans
- Local businesses selected for startup funding
- Happy Camper Scamper Raises Funds for Camp Quality
- Family Fights for Autistic Son's Right to Play Soccer
- Salvation Army Helps Local Family Find Home
- Local Resident Preserves Family History of Soldiers
- Local Hero Passes Away, Community Raises Money for Services
- Local Non-profit Raises Awareness for Child Abuse
- High School Basketball Rescheduling