(NODAWAY COUNTY, Mo.) A 57-year-old man was seriously injured after crashing his motorcycle into a barbed wire fence just outside of Marvyille Friday afternoon.
The crash happened on Route EE at 230th Road about seven miles northeast of Maryville at 4:02 p.m.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Gregory Schulte, of Pickering, was driving a 2017 Harley Davidson northbound on Route EE when he failed to negotiate a curve and travelled off the right side of the road. Schulte then lost control of the motorcycle, crossed another road and struck a barbed wire fence. The motorcycle then overturned and Schulte was ejected from the bike.
Schulte was life-flighted to Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph with serious injuries. He was wearing a safety device at the time of the crash.
The Nodaway County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene.
- MSHP: Man life-flighted to hospital after crashing motorcycle into barbed wire fence
- Mosaic Life Care named Most Wired Hospital in 2018
- MSHP requests help with fatal crash
- Teen life-flighted to hospital following Saturday morning crash
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Missouri Man
- Man life-flighted to hospital, another injured in crash near Chillicothe
- Man life-flighted to Mosaic following crash in Nodaway County
- Two people life-flighted to hospital after crash in Caldwell County
- 24-year-old life-flighted to hospital after ATV crash in Livingston County
- One person life-flighted to hospital after crash on Highway 59