(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri State Highway Patrol released statistics from Friday's winter storm and three people have died as a result of the storm.
Since 9 a.m. Friday, the highway patrol reports 2327 calls for service, 779 stranded motorists, 729 crashes, 60 injuries and three fatalities.
One of the fatalities occurred on I-70 near Oak Grove from a 15 vehicle crash.
Troopers said that roads are improving as of Saturday morning but many are still covered. People should be using caution and watching the forecast for more wintry weather.
- MSHP reports 3 fatalities from Friday's winter storm
- MSHP requests help with fatal crash
- MSHP reports 9 deaths over Christmas holiday
- MSHP: 8 fatalities, 129 DWI arrests over New Year's holiday
- MSHP reports only 5 roadway deaths during Labor Day Weekend
- MSHP reports 9 deaths during holiday travel period
- MSHP urging safety after recent heavy rain
- MSHP urging safety during holiday celebrations
- MSHP conducts safety operation in Buchanan County
- MSHP preparing for 109th recruiting class