(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A 21-year-old St. Joseph man has been charged in connection with the shooting death of a 2-year-old child.
According to court records, Alexzander Green is charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Officers were called to an apartment around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday on the 1900 block of S. 12th where they found 2-year-old London Simmons shot in the chest. Simmons later died at the hospital.
According to a probable cause statement, witnesses told officers Green was asleep and left a loaded gun unattended. Three other children between the ages of 2 and 6 were also inside the apartment at the time.
The court document also stated that police found 475 grams of marijuana in four large bags and more than $3,700 in cash inside the apartment.
St. Joseph police say Green is related to Simmons. He will appear in court Friday.
- Man Charged in Connection to Shooting Death of 2-Year-Old
- 14-year-old facing assault charge in connection to Saturday shooting
- 2-Year-Old Dies after Shooting at Apartment Complex
- Prosecutor clarifies why man connected to mall shooting was not charged
- Police search for man in connection to Sunday shooting
- Man charged in connection to St. Joseph Subway burglary
- Man charged in connection to Tuesday's foot pursuit with police
- Second man charged in connection to threats made against Altec
- Man charged in August officer-involved shooting
- Individual in police custody in connection to mall shooting released