(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A Buchanan County jury has found a man guilty of sex crimes dating back nearly 30 years.
A jury on Thursday convicted Cario Potts of two counts of sodomy.
Two victims testified during the two-day trial. According to prosecutors, both victims recounted ongoing sexual abuse that took place over a prolonged period beginning in the early 1990's.
Never victim reported the abuse to authorities until 2017.
Potts faces up to life in prison when he's sentenced in March.
- Man found guilty of sex crimes dating back nearly 30 years
- Man sentenced to 130 years for child sex crimes
- Man found guilty of child sex abuse and sodomy charges
- Cameron teacher pleads not guilty to sex crimes
- Former St. Joseph teacher sentenced to 7 years in prison after pleading guilty to child sex crime
- Man in country illegally accused of sex crime
- Man found guilty of sexually abusing children
- Man facing murder charges pleads guilty to sex offender charges
- Man sentenced to 22 years for child sex abuse
- Man found guilty of murder in 2018 St. Joseph shooting