(St. Joseph, Mo.) A St. Joseph man is found not guilty of murder.
Raydel Cespedes, 26, was charged with second degree murder and armed criminal action in the shooting death of Anthony Miner Jr., 27. The shooting happened off the 2000 block of Edmond Street back in August 2017.
Proscutors alleged Cespedes shot and killed Miner during an argument at Cespedes' home. The defense argued that Cespedes acted in "self-defense."
Cespedes who did testify in court says Miner got very angry and Cespedes was afraid for his life and reached for a gun. He fired one warning shot but didn't think a second shot would hit Miner.
It took a 12-person jury only three hours to come up with the verdict.
Cespedes and his family broke down in tears when the verdict was announced.
- Man found not gulity of murder, defense says it was self-defense
- Chiefs Defense led by Eric Berry
- Women Learn to TAKE Control with Self Defense Training
- Self-defense classes aim to help protect women, children from dangerous situations
- Chiefs' defensive lineman Chris Jones speaks to high school football players
- Suspect charged with murder in fatal shooting of man found dead in backyard
- Man faces murder charge in Nodaway County
- UPDATE: Missing Excelsior Springs man found safe
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case
- Second day in court for man accused of murder