(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Police Department says it was 42-year-old Christopher L. Kelly who was killed in Saturday's police-involved shooting.
The shooting took place at a home at 1007 S. 12th Street Saturday morning. According to police, Kelly displayed a handgun to officers while they were on scene to execute an arrest warrant. Officers then fired on Kelly striking him several times. He was later pronounced dead at Mosaic Life Care. No officers received any injuries.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol has taken over the investigation. Both officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave.
- Man identified in Saturday's fatal police-involved shooting
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal House Fire
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal I-229 Crash
- Officers identified in officer-involved shooting in St. Joseph
- No charges filed in fatal officer-involved shooting
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- Police Identify Victim in Deadly Shooting on Lafayette Street
- Man Threatening Suicide Dies After Officer-Involved Shooting