(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A 25-year-old Kansas City, Missouri man was seriously injured in a single vehicle crash Monday night in St. Joseph.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the crash happened when Christopher Wilkes was driving a 2004 Toyota Sienna northbound on I-229 near the 1 mile marker when he drove into the median. Wilkes was able to drive back on to the roadway and then skidded off the south side of the road and overturned across southbound I-229.
Wilkes was ejected from the vehicle and was taken to Mosaic Life Care with serious injuries.
The highway patrol says Wilkes was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
- Man seriously injured after car overturns on I-229, ejected from vehicle
- Man injured after being ejected from motorcycle in Buchanan County
- Man seriously injured after being ejected from motorcycle on I-35
- Two injured after car goes airborne, overturns in Nodaway County
- 1 Killed in Overnight Accident on I-229
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal I-229 Crash
- MoDOT Discusses Options for Future of I-229
- I-229 to close for inspection and repairs
- MODOT closes I-229 for bridge repairs
- Man seriously injured after dump truck overturns near Mound City