(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Northwest Missouri School Counselors Association held a breakfast Friday morning to honor counselors from across the area.
During the event, the association announced their choice for this year's Counselor Advocate of the Year as Katie Neubauer.
Neubauer is currently the Student Services Director for the Maryville R-II School District and was previously a School Psychologist for 12 years.
Not only was the announcement of her being chosen as the Counselor Advocate of the Year, Neubauer's husband made a return trip home from France to attend the ceremony along with Neubauer's parents.
Neubauer says that keeping up with the times is one of the more difficult parts of her job.
"Just learning the vast amount of information you need in order to do the job well and just keep advocating for students and staff as a priority," Neubauer said.
- Counselor Advocate of the Year Announced
- Inmate-rights advocate questions DOC about Crossroads
- Longtime victims’ advocate now needs community's help before winter
- Mustangs Announce 2018 Schedule
- Governor Greitens Announces Resignation
- Sculpture Walk Winners Announced
- Former Bearcat Football Player Now Seat Belt Advocate After Serious Accident
- Benton Football Coach Announces Resignation
- Mosaic Announces Partnership with Apple
- Chiefs Training Camp Dates Announced