It's no secret the Maryville Spoofhounds run the football and on Saturday afternoon, Maryville ran, and ran, and ran the ball on Mount Vernon in route to Maryville's fifth state football championship in school history.
The Spoofhounds rushed for 372 yards in the 47-9 victory Saturday afternoon at Faurot Field on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia.
In a dominating performance, the Maryville Spoofhounds won their fifth state football championship in school history with a 47-9 victory Saturday afternoon at Faurot Field on the University of Missouri campus.
Maryville racked up 297 rushing yards in the first half, leading to a 40-0 advantage at the break.
Junior Eli Dowis finished with 135 yards on the ground and three rushing touchdowns, while Tyler Houchin added 126 and a score, and Jacob Reuter put 87 rushing yards and two touchdowns in the victory.
The championship is now the fifth in school history: 1982, 2009, 2012, 2013, and now, 2017.
- Maryville Captures 5th Football Championship in School History
- MWSU introduces Wilson as 5th president in school history
- Worth County Captures 8-Man State Championship
- Maryville Plans Independence Day Celebration
- Lightning strike kills Maryville man
- Maryville TNR rescues feral felines
- Mid-Buchanan, Maryville Nab Wins Wednesday Night
- Lafayette Tops Maryville in Conference Play
- Driver Charged in Deadly Maryville Bar Crash
- Maryville Approves Economic Development Funds for Kawasaki