(ANDREW COUNTY, Mo.)— A Northwest Missouri State student involved in a head-on collision on Interstate 29 last Wednesday has died from his injuries.
22-year-old Austin Cross was a passenger in a vehicle that was hit head-on by another vehicle driven by 52-year-old Roger Moe.
Authorities said Moe was fleeing from them at a high rate of speed at the time of the accident.
Moe is now facing a number of charges, including DWI and resisting arrest.
Cross was taken off life support this week. He was an organ donor.
- Maryville man dies from injuries in I-29 crash
- UPDATE: Man critically injured in I-29 crash dies
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- I-29 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- 1 injured in rollover crash on I-29
- UPDATE: Northbound I-29 now open after crash
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on I-29, suffers minor injuries
- Lightning strike kills Maryville man
- Two Seriously Injured in Tractor Trailer Crash on I-29 North
- St. Joseph Woman Killed in Crash on I-29