(MARYVILLE, Mo.) A Maryville man has been sentenced to five years in prison for the statutory rape of a 12-year-old.
The sentence was handed down to Isaiah Ferguson, 18, in Nodaway County Court on Monday.
Ferguson pleaded guilty to first-degree statutory rape in April.
Charges were filed against Ferguson in Feburary. According to court documents, Ferguson had sexual intercourse with the child twice in 2018.
Prosecutors argued for a 15-year sentence while Ferguson's attorneys recommended probation due to his age and first-time offense.
- Maryville man sentenced to 5 years for statutory rape of 12-year-old
- Platte County Man Sentenced to 30 Years for Statutory Sodomy
- St. Joseph man charged with statutory sodomy
- Man sentenced to 19 years for sodomy of 12-year-old
- Lightning strike kills Maryville man
- Maryville man sentenced to 10 years in prison for DWI fatality
- Former Cameron teacher pleads guilty to state statutory sodomy charge
- Maryville Plans Independence Day Celebration
- Maryville TNR rescues feral felines
- Maryville Ready for 4th Semifinals Game in 6 Years