During the afternoon hours on May 28th, isolated thunderstorms developed across the area. Some of these storms became strong to severe as they moved from east to west across the area. In total, around 10 reports of severe weather came in.
The most intense damage occurred in Livingston county near Chillicothe. This is where reports of roof damage and downed power lines came in. Some places in Chillicothe were left without power due to the storms. Near Rock Port in Atchison county, trees and power lines were reported to be down as we all as one inch hail.
In Kansas, hail and wind damage was reported. A report of one inch hail came in from Wathena and half dollar size hail from near Highland.
Storms exited the area at around 8 PM on the 28th.
- May 28 Severe Weather Reports
- Severe Weather Hits Northwest Missouri
- June 02 Severe Weather Event
- Severe Weather Brings Risk for Hail Damage
- Severe Weather Potential Next Few Days
- Severe Weather Threat Continues to Increase
- Moderate Risk for Severe Weather on Wednesday
- Viewer Submitted Photos of Wednesday's Severe Weather
- Another Round of Severe Weather for Thursday
- Getting prepared for severe weather season