(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) According to St. Joseph Mayor Bill McMurray, St. Joseph Renewable Fuels LLC has withdrawn its application for a bio-diesel plant that would have been located on Monterey Street.
The $250 million dollar plant would have closed Monterey St. between 6th St. and 8th St. and brought in between 55-60 new jobs.
The project has gained public scrutiny from area businesses and some St. Joseph City Council members.
A motion will be made at Monday's city council meeting to remove the application from being voted on.
- Mayor: Bio-diesel plant application withdrawn
- Dog food withdrawn from stores after euthanasia drug found in food
- Commission approves application to raze house
- Applications being accepted for citizen's law enforcement academy
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- Elementary Students Quiz Mayoral Candidates
- Candidates Ready for Mayoral Debate
- Plants should survive early October snow
- Biofuel plant withdraws proposal for Monterey closure
- St. Joseph Mayoral Race Preview: Part 1