(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph preschoolers were handed a new pair of tennis shoes Tuesday.
A state non-profit "Shoes from the Heart" gave free shoes to area head start kids.
The Community Action Partnership and Home-State Health helped sponsor the event.
Organizers say not every family can afford to outfit their kids with a brand-new pair of shoes, but it's really a gift for everyone involved.
"Whenever they get their new pairs of shoes, seeing them smile and seeing them running around and jump and saying this is the fastest they've ever ran before or jumping higher they've ever can, that's what it's all about," Shoes from the Heart founder Donnie Bonuchi said. "Seeing that it's all about them."
Last year the organization distributed over 30,000 pairs of shoes.
- State Non-Profit Donated Shoes to Local Preschoolers
- Local group provides free shoes for kids
- Local Non-Profit Offering Part-Time Positions
- New building for preschool kids in Maryville
- St. Joseph Man Donates 25 Years Worth of Change to Local Non-Profit
- Local Non-profit Raises Awareness for Child Abuse
- Oak Grove preschoolers adopt a family for Christmas
- Oak Grove graduates their preschool class of 2019
- Rotarians Collect Shoes for Orphan Souls
- Soles for Christ shoe giveaway provides over 1,200 shoes to kids